Implementation and application of human resources information system in Tanzania

Loading...
Thumbnail Image
Date
2012
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
University of Dar es Salaam,
Abstract
This study aimed determining the implementation and application status of Human Resources information System (HR1S) among organizations in Tanzania. The study used sun techniques to collect data from 200 respondents. Findings show that the majority of organizations have not adopted HRIS and approximately 19% of organizations that have not adopted HRIS have plans to implement the system. The remaining 81% of the non-adopters have no plans to set-up HR1S. The results have further indicated that two major applications being used in HRIS are payroll services and human resources planning. Moreover most Tanzanian organizations perceive that the major benefits of the implementation HRIS are standardization of programmes and procedures, enhanced succession planning, reduction of man power and improving data control. While major barriers are; HRIS being- considered important for firm's competitive performance, fearful in changing, the way organizations performs work and lack of IT expertise (s). This implies that majority of the organizations are yet to achieve operational efficiency brought by HRIS such as for strategic and business decision making purposes.
Description
Available in print form, East Africana Collection, Dr. Wilbert Chagula Library, Class mark (THS EAF HF5549.2.T34P37)
Keywords
Personnel management, Management information systems, Dar es Salaam region, Tanzania
Citation
Pascal, V (2012) Implementation and application of human resources information system in Tanzania,Master dissertation, University of Dar es Salaam. Dar es Salaam